Rural Housing Enabler
WRCC has two Rural Housing Enablers covering Stratford District and Warwick District respectively, though we also provide a housing needs survey service to other parishes both within the county and further afield.
The role of the housing enabler is to:
- help communities understand the process and options for achieving affordable housing
- work with rural communities to identify local affordable housing needs
- work with rural communities to identify suitable potential sites for affordable housing schemes
- act as an independent broker between all parties involved with delivering rural affordable housing, including Parish/Town Councils, landowners, local authorities and housing associations
- influence housing strategy and planning policy applicable to rural affordable housing at all levels: local (District/Borough), regional and national
- identify potential sites and liaise closely with landowners and planning authorities over constraints and opportunities
- liaise with local housing associations and housing partnerships to facilitate a smooth handover from pre-development to finish build
The Passivhaus development in Wootton Wawen, built in partnership with Warwickshire Rural Housing Association, shows the positive impact this type of project can have on communities. Our RHE was also involved at Broom, Long Compton and Stretton on Fosse.
For further information please email our Rural Housing Enablers or call us on 01789 842182.
- Homes England
- Orbit Heart of England Housing Association
- Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council
- Stonewater Housing Association (formerly Jephson Housing Association)
- Stratford on Avon District Council – major funding contributor
- Warwick District Council – funding contributor
- Warwickshire County Council
- Warwickshire Rural Housing Association – funding contributor
- Platform Housing Group (formerly Waterloo Housing Group & Fortis Living)
- Bromford Group
- North Warwickshire Borough Council
- Rugby Borough Council