Green Shoots Community Climate Change Fund 2021
The Warwickshire County Council Green Shoots Community Climate Change Fund provides grant funding to community projects to mitigate against, and adapt to, the impact of climate change. It is aimed at community and voluntary organisations.
In 2019, Warwickshire County Council declared a climate change emergency and made and real commitment that considerations of climate change and carbon footprint reduction would underpin all future decision-making. The Council also committed to support Communities across Warwickshire to play their part in mitigating their own impact on the environment, of which, the Green Shoots Fund will play a large role.
The Green Shoots Fund is designed to support community projects and initiatives that aim to achieve the following:
- Increase the adaptability and resilience of Warwickshire to the effects of climate change
- Reduce impacts on the environment, particularly regarding climate change
- Ensure funded projects benefit the wider Warwickshire community
Like any funding, there are certain general criteria which this Fund seeks to support. These include, but are not limited to:
- Mitigating or adapting to climate change and the environment
- Benefits to the local community and connections between other groups and projects
- Development of awareness in environmental issues and capacity building of local communities
- Legacy and long-term impacts
- Project risks and mitigation steps
Applications for funding are to be submitted during biannual funding rounds, with each round open for a period of ten weeks.
The first round of funding opened on 2 February 2021 and closes at 5pm on Monday 17 May 2021.